Taken from our newsletter in December 2012
- 25g Butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 2tsp chopped sage
- 75g finely chopped mushrooms
- 110g fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons of cream or milk
How to make it:
- Finely chop the onion and fry it in the butter until soft. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook until moisture evaporates.
- Add the thyme, sage and breadcrumbs and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the parsley, lemon juice and lemon rind and the egg and cream.
- transfer to a baking dish and cook for 30 mins until brown on top.
For a variation add a good handful of grated parmesan cheese and use the stuffing to make vegetarian sausage rolls with some puff pastry. Delicious!