A fantastically comforting and delicious dish ready in just 20 minutes. Works just as well with veggie sausages too. Serves 2
4 sausages, cooked and sliced into bite-sized chunks
200g dry pasta, spaghetti or tagliatelle is ideal
200g mushrooms, sliced
half a teaspoon of dried chilli flakes
2 cloves of garlic
a small glass of dry white wine
three tablespoons of crème fraîche
2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
a small bunch of parsley, finely chopped.
A small squeeze of lemon
- Place a large saucepan of water on to boil.
- Fry your mushroom slices in a deep frying pan until tender, add the chilli garlic and a generous grind of pepper.
- Plunge your pasta into the boiling water and cook according to packet instructions.
- Add the wine to the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes on a medium heat to evaporate the harsh alcohol.
- Reduce the heat and add the crème fraîche and sausages to the mushrooms.
- Drain the pasta and add the spinach, parsley and lemon juice to the sauce. Check the seasoning, adding salt and more pepper if necessary.
- Mix the sauce into the pasta and serve with a sprinkling of cheese.